MEDTRONIC DEVICE FEATURES
Find information on Medtronic cardiac device features, including programming information, feature operation, examples, and performance data. Search for a feature by device type or by feature name using the tabs below.
AF Detection - New to Visia AF ICDs!
AT/AF Episode Detection - (ICM)
Brady Episode Detection - (ICM)
Pause Episode Detection - (ICM)
IMPLANTABLE CARDIOVERTER DEFIBRILLATOR (ICD)
CARDIAC RESYNCHRONIZATION THERAPY (CRT)
Medtronic offers many valuable device features to help you manage your patient.
Features Found in Pacemaker, ICD and CRT Device
- Capture Management (ACM, VCM, LVCM)™ automatically monitors pacing thresholds in the appropriate chamber at periodic intervals. Once the threshold is determined, target outputs are determined based on the programmable safety margins and minimum amplitudes.
- Managed Ventricular Pacing (MVP)™ is a pacing mode promotes intrinsic conduction by reducing unnecessary right ventricular pacing, but with the safety of backup dual chamber pacing if intrinsic conduction is lost.
- MRI SureScan™ permits a mode of operation that allows a patient with a SureScan pacing system to be safely scanned by an MRI machine while the device continues to provide the appropriate programmed therapy.
- Reactive ATP allows for multiple deliveries of programmed atrial ATP therapies during an atrial tachyarrhythmia.
Features Found in ICD and CRT Devices
- OptiVol™ Fluid Status Trend that track intrathoracic impedance changes over time for up to 14 months.
- SmartShock™ Technology dramatically reduces the incidence of inappropriate shocks while maintaining sensitivity1,2
- PR Logic™ uses pattern and rate analysis to discriminate between supraventricular tachycardia and true ventricular tachyarrhythmia.
- Wavelet is a QRS morphology discriminator that compares the current QRS waveform to a stored QRS template, collected during sinus rhythm.
- TWave Discrimination designed to withhold therapy if there is evidence that a fast ventricular rate is due to T wave oversensing.
- RV Lead Noise Discrimination differentiates RV lead noise from VT/VF by comparing a far field EGM signal to the near field sensing if lead noise is suspected.
- RV Lead Integrity Alert (LIA) provides advance warning for lead fracture and extends the VF detection time when a lead fracture is detected in order to reduce the risk of multiple inappropriate shocks.
- Confirmation+ compares the rhythm cycle length to a calculated confirmation interval to confirm the presence of an arrhythmia.
Features Found in CRT Devices
- AdaptivCRT™ is a dynamic, physiologic pacing algorithm that enhances cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) by adjusting CRT parameters automatically with changes in patient activity levels and conduction status. It leverages a patient’s intrinsic RV conduction when possible while still maintaining CRT.
- VectorExpress™ LV Automated Test is an in-office programmer based algorithm that allows automated testing of clinician-selected LV pacing polarities.
- Volosin, KJ, Exner DV, Wathen MS, et al. Combining shock reduction strategies to enhance ICD therapy: A role for computer modeling. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. March 2011;22(3):280-289.
- Schloss EJ, Auriccho A, Kurtia T, et al. PainFree SST Trial Primary Results: Low shock rates in patients with dual and triple Chamber ICDs using a novel detection algorithms. Heart Rhythm. 2013;10 (5):S64.