MEDTRONIC DEVICE FEATURES
Welcome to the NEW Medtronic Device Features website on Medtronic Academy!
To access the Device Features content below, you will need to LOGIN or REGISTER on Medtronic Academy.
NEW Device Features webclip app for iPhone/iPad
Click here from your iPhone/iPad Safari browser to place the new app on your iPhone/iPad home screen for ease of access to Device Features. If you are currently using the legacy Device Features app, please replace with the new app for best results.
IMPLANTABLE CARDIOVERTER DEFIBRILLATOR (ICD)
CARDIAC RESYNCHRONIZATION THERAPY (CRT)
Medtronic offers many valuable device features to help you manage your patient.
Features Found in Pacemaker, ICD and CRT Device
- Capture Management (ACM, VCM, LVCM)™ automatically monitors pacing thresholds in the appropriate chamber at periodic intervals. Once the threshold is determined, target outputs are determined based on the programmable safety margins and minimum amplitudes.
- Managed Ventricular Pacing (MVP)™ is a pacing mode promotes intrinsic conduction by reducing unnecessary right ventricular pacing, but with the safety of backup dual chamber pacing if intrinsic conduction is lost.
- MRI SureScan™ permits a mode of operation that allows a patient with a SureScan pacing system to be safely scanned by an MRI machine while the device continues to provide the appropriate programmed therapy.
- Reactive ATP allows for multiple deliveries of programmed atrial ATP therapies during an atrial tachyarrhythmia.
Features Found in ICD and CRT Devices
- OptiVol™ Fluid Status Trend that track intrathoracic impedance changes over time for up to 14 months.
- SmartShock™ Technology dramatically reduces the incidence of inappropriate shocks while maintaining sensitivity1,2
- PR Logic™ uses pattern and rate analysis to discriminate between supraventricular tachycardia and true ventricular tachyarrhythmia.
- Wavelet is a QRS morphology discriminator that compares the current QRS waveform to a stored QRS template, collected during sinus rhythm.
- TWave Discrimination is designed to withhold therapy if there is evidence that a fast ventricular rate is due to T wave oversensing.
- RV Lead Noise Discrimination differentiates RV lead noise from VT/VF by comparing a far field EGM signal to the near field sensing if lead noise is suspected.
- RV Lead Integrity Alert (LIA) provides advance warning for lead fracture and extends the VF detection time when a lead fracture is detected in order to reduce the risk of multiple inappropriate shocks.
- Confirmation+ compares the rhythm cycle length to a calculated confirmation interval to confirm the presence of an arrhythmia.
Features Found in CRT Devices
- AdaptivCRT™ is a dynamic, physiologic pacing algorithm that enhances cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) by adjusting CRT parameters automatically with changes in patient activity levels and conduction status. It leverages a patient’s intrinsic RV conduction when possible while still maintaining CRT.
- VectorExpress™ LV Automated Test is an in-office programmer based algorithm that allows automated testing of clinician-selected LV pacing polarities.
- Volosin, KJ, Exner DV, Wathen MS, et al. Combining shock reduction strategies to enhance ICD therapy: A role for computer modeling. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. March 2011;22(3):280-289.
- Schloss EJ, Auriccho A, Kurtia T, et al. PainFree SST Trial Primary Results: Low shock rates in patients with dual and triple Chamber ICDs using a novel detection algorithms. Heart Rhythm. 2013;10 (5):S64.