Enabling Flash Player in Your Web Browser
Adobe will stop distributing and updating the Flash Player after December 31, 2020 (end of life “EOL" date). As it gets closer to the EOL date, the number of Flash-supported browsers and operating systems will continue to decrease so Adobe strongly encourages customers to migrate to other standards. For additional information please visit our Choosing and/or Updating your Browser page on Medtronic Academy.
Medtronic Academy is transitioning our content to be compatible with new browser technology but there may be instances where you will need to enable Flash. Select your browser below to learn more about how to enable the Flash Player. For additional information regarding the demise of Flash, please refer to Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page on Adobe's website.
How to Enable Adobe Flash Player on Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser, type chrome://settings/content in the address bar and press Enter.
- On the content settings screen, locate Flash player settings. Select Allow sites to run Flash, then click Done to save the change.
- If you want to add more sites that allow Flash Player, click the Manage exceptions button.
- Type in the site address - then click Done to save the change.
How do I enable Flash in my browser?
Enable Flash Player
1. Open the page that has the rich media content in Internet Explorer. For example, visit Flash Player Help.
2. Click the Tools menu, in the upper-right corner of Internet Explorer.
3. From the Tools menu, choose Manage add-ons.
4. Select Shockwave Flash Object from the list.
5. Click Enable, and then click Close.
Disable ActiveX Filtering
1. Open the page that has rich media content in Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools menu and choose Safety > ActiveX Filtering.
3. Close the browser and open it. Then, try to view the content.
Before you start, check the version of Safari running on your Mac. To display the version number, choose Safari > About Safari.
- Open Safari, and choose Safari > Preferences
- Click the Websites tab and scroll down to the Plug-ins section
- Click the check box to enable Flash Player
- Select a setting to use for Flash Player when you visit other websites
- From the menu, choose Safari > Preferences
- Click the Websites tab, then Adobe Flash Player
- Ensure that Adobe Flash Player shows a tick beside it in the left-hand column
- Select Adobe Flash Player and ensure that educationperfect.com is listed on right-hand side with the setting On.
How to Enable Adobe Flash Player on Opera
- Open a blank page in Opera.
- Press the Settings button, which is on the side menu bar on the left side.
- Then click Websites.
- Scroll down a little bit and click Manage Individual plug-ins under Plug-ins category.
- Make sure you're seeing a Disable button here if you are to enable your Adobe Flash Player.
How to Enable Adobe Flash Player on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Firefox browser, on the top-right corner, click the three-bar icon and click Add-ons.
- On the left side, click Plugins.
- Click Shockwave Flash and select Always Activate from the drop-down menu.
- If you want to disable it, just click Never activate.